- By 12 November 2022, the Russian military had almost certainly completed the withdrawal of forces which had been holding territory west of the Dnipro River.
- With the abandonment of Kherson city, Russia has made the Azov Sea port town of Henichesk a ‘temporary capital’ of the occupied region. Russia will likely also redeploy military command units to the Henichesk area.
- The choice of this area as a command node hints at the priorities and concerns of Russian commanders as they consolidate their defences in southern Ukraine.
- It is well positioned to coordinate action against potential Ukrainian threats from both Kherson city in the west, or via Melitopol to the north-east, and to receive reinforcements from Crimea.
- Above all, it is currently out of range of Ukrainian artillery systems which have inflicted heavy damage on Russian field command posts.
The post British Defence Intelligence Update Ukraine – 15 November 2022 appeared first on Kyiv Post.
Brooklyn food - Advertisement from The News And Times - TheNewsAndTimes.Blogspot.com