Categories
Selected Articles

Longevity enthusiast Bryan Johnson says he doesn’t want to run his anti-aging company anymore

Bryan Johnson wearing a blue shirt and folding his arms.
“I don’t need the money, and it’s a pain-in-the-ass company,” Bryan Johnson said of his anti-aging company, Blueprint.

  • Bryan Johnson, 47, is on a bizarre quest for youth and eternal life.
  • Johnson started his own anti-aging startup, Blueprint and recently founded his own religion.
  • He says he is thinking of closing or selling Blueprint to focus on his religion instead.

Bryan Johnson says he’s considering winding up or selling his anti-aging startup, Blueprint.

Johnson was speaking to Wired’s Katie Drummond in an interview published Monday, and he was asked about the conflicts that came with running his business and religion at the same time.

The 47-year-old biotech entrepreneur is best known for his aggressive quest for eternal youth. In 2021, Johnson embarked on his anti-aging program, Project Blueprint, which he says costs him $2 million a year.

At one point, Johnson infused himself with blood from his son to slow down his aging. He stopped the transfusions after six months, saying there were “no benefits detected.”

Johnson’s company sells a variety of wellness products. These include a $55 “longevity mix” drink and a $42 mushroom coffee alternative they call “Super Shrooms.”

In March, Johnson announced on X that he was starting his own religion, “Don’t Die.” The name is derived from the slogan Johnson used to brand his Netflix documentary, products, and events.

“Years ago, I did a thought experiment imagining myself in the presence of people from the 25th century. It seemed obvious that they’d say Don’t Die is how humanity saved itself and merged with AI,” Johnson wrote in an X post.

Johnson, however, says he’s beginning to see how running a longevity-focused business may not mesh with preaching a religion on the same subject.

“Honestly, I am so close to either shutting it down or selling it,” he told Drummond, adding that he’s “been talking to people about this.”

“I don’t need the money, and it’s a pain-in-the-ass company,” he said.

Johnson said he started the business because his friends were asking him for the health supplements he was taking.

“It just evolved in a way where I was trying to do people a solid. The problem is now people see the business and give me less credibility on the philosophy side,” Johnson said.

“I will not make that trade-off. It is not worth it to me. So yeah, I don’t want it,” he added.

Earlier this year, The New York Times reported that Blueprint was facing problems with its finances. The story was published in March and was based on interviews with current and former employees as well as court records and internal documents.

The Times’ said in its reporting that Blueprint was missing its break-even point by at least $1 million a month. It added that Johnson had told executives that Blueprint was running out of money.

Johnson told Wired that Blueprint isn’t in “some kind of emergency financial situation.”

“We are break-even, and I’ve said that publicly many times. We’ve had profitable months, we’ve had loss months,” he added.

Johnson did not respond to a request for comment from Business Insider.

Read the original article on Business Insider
Categories
Selected Articles

Swarms of Russian drones attack Ukraine nightly as Moscow puts new emphasis on the deadly weapon

Swarms of Russian drones attack Ukraine nightly as Moscow puts new emphasis on the deadly weapon [deltaMinutes] mins ago Now
Categories
Selected Articles

Packers give lineman Zach Tom record-breaking $88 million contract extension

Zach Tom is staying put in Green Bay.
Categories
Selected Articles

NASA veterans say political pressure and slashed funding are destroying mankind’s ability to go on future missions

A NASA logo is displayed at the entrance to the Mary W. Jackson NASA Headquarters building on June 2, 2025 in Washington, DC.
NASA veterans are slamming the Trump administration for its proposed cuts to the agency’s funding.

  • A group of current and former NASA employees is up in arms about DOGE cuts to the agency’s funding.
  • In a letter to NASA’s chief, Sean Duffy, the group slammed wasteful changes that undermine NASA’s goals.
  • The Trump administration has axed three NASA departments since March and fired several employees.

A group of 287 current and former NASA employees said federal funding cuts will have dire consequences for NASA and the country as a whole.

In a Monday letter titled the “Voyager Declaration,” addressed to NASA’s interim administrator and US transportation secretary Sean Duffy, the group slammed the Trump administration’s recent actions against the space agency.

“The last six months have seen rapid and wasteful changes which have undermined our mission and caused catastrophic impacts on NASA’s workforce,” the letter said.

The group said recent policies proposed by the administration threaten to waste public resources, compromise human safety, and weaken national security.

The letter to Duffy comes after the Trump administration axed three NASA departments as part of larger cuts carried out by the Department of Government Efficiency. Several NASA employees were also fired as a result of the DOGE cuts.

“Interim Administrator Duffy, we urge you not to implement the harmful cuts proposed by this administration, as they are not in the best interest of NASA,” the letter read.

The group said that the funding cuts could compromise safety for future missions, which was “a dangerous turn away from the lessons learned following the Columbia disaster.”

In 2003, the Space Shuttle Columbia disintegrated as it reentered Earth’s atmosphere, killing all seven astronauts on board.

The declaration added that cutting funding for missions and shutting them down was not reversible.

“Once operational spacecraft are decommissioned, they cannot be turned back on. Additionally, cancelling missions in development threatens to end the next generation of crucial observations,” the group said in the document.

A total of 287 current and former NASA employees who signed the declaration, per its website.

In response to the letter, NASA’s press secretary, Bethany Stevens, said to CNN that the agency would never compromise on safety.

“Any reduction — including our current voluntary reduction — will be designed to protect safety-critical roles,” she said to CNN.

Employees of the National Institutes of Health and the Environmental Protection Agency released similar declarations slamming DOGE cuts. The cuts resulted in more than 200,000 workers across all federal agencies losing their jobs in March.

Representatives for Duffy, NASA, and the Stand Up for Science group did not respond to requests for comment from Business Insider.

Read the original article on Business Insider
Categories
Selected Articles

Can you ever expect privacy in public? Coldplay kiss camera saga tells us a lot about the answer

Can you ever expect privacy in public? Coldplay kiss camera saga tells us a lot about the answer
Categories
Selected Articles

From dying reefs to flooded graves, Vanuatu is leading a global climate case

From dying reefs to flooded graves, Vanuatu is leading a global climate case
Categories
Selected Articles

Trump and Philippine leader plan to talk tariffs and China at the White House

Trump and Philippine leader plan to talk tariffs and China at the White House
Categories
Selected Articles

Things to know about the release of federal documents related to MLK’s assassination

MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) — Federal records related to the investigation into the 1968 assassination of the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. were released on Monday, following the disclosure in March of tens of thousands of documents about the 1963 assassination of President John F. Kennedy.
Categories
Selected Articles

Angels’ Ray Montgomery’s ‘special’ Mets ties run deep

And while Ray Montgomery been to Citi Field as a coach prior to Monday, his memories in Queens go back a lot further.
Categories
Selected Articles

1934

1934 John Dillinger shot down by federal agents